Friday, October 5, 2012

Ebony and Ivory





Say what you will about Kimye and the validity of their love, but they are literally a trendsetting couple.  Ever since Kim gave Kanye the keys to her proverbial style bus and let him rework her closet, the two have been spied together wearing nothing but black and white.  Side note, am I the only person that noticed that they haven't been out together in a minute and she's actually wearing color these days?  I digress.  Anyway their month or so long stint of monochromatic and leather ensembles has obviously inspired some looks, and I am absolutely loving it!  Apparently Kanye West has some serious forecasting skills, because I hear that a plethora of designers have opted for black and white in their Spring/Summer 2013 collections.  Black and white is such a simple color scheme, because you can do so much with it.  I would advise mixing patterns and textures (leather and lace for example) so that you don't look dull.  Take advantage of the simplicity of the palate and add a pop of color with your accouterments and/or makeup.  And when it comes to leather please play it safe.  I understand the struggle to afford real leather pieces; hence, no one is going to judge you for wearing faux leather.  However, please choose your faux leather wisely.  I cannot support you wearing faux leather garments that resemble a trash bag.  H&M and bebe typically have decent faux leather pieces that won't make it look like you've been shopping in a Village Family member's closet so I would start there.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment