Friday, November 16, 2012

To Bey or Not to Bey: How do you feel about BADDIEBEY?

Last week Queen Bey caused quite a frenzy in the social network scene when she joined Instagram under the name BADDIEBEY.  Her posts have revealed a new look and a new more urban side of Beyonce' and I am fully on board with the relaxed style and persona that she presents on Instagram.  Of course not everyone shares my sentiments, as some people feel that she is trying to steal Rihanna's swag (for lack of a better word) and some have even gone so far as to say that she's being fake by taking on this new Instagram personality.  I think it's refreshing to see another side of Beyonce', because we typically see her poised, polished, and glammed up.  As a new mom with a schedule that some of us could only dream about I'm sure she wants to relax and be a little more herself.  So what she wants to wear a bottom grill from time to time and who cares if she wants to put up her five inch stilettos for equally expensive flats?  Even her kicking around and working in the studio clothes are chic and trendy, and they are exactly what I would expect to see her wearing in a relaxed setting.  As far as the Rihanna comparisons, other than the incorporation of the word "bad' in their IG names I fail to see where Bey is even remotely channeling Rihanna.  We have to keep in mind that Queen Bey is still a Texas girl and she is married to Jay Z so it's not like she pulled this urbano chic style out of nowhere.  Did it ever occur to anyone that much like the rest of us she is evolving and wanted to try a new look, or say hey this is another side of me?  Or hell did it every occur to anyone that it's just a damn picture and you need to relax?  I think I just turned up for no good reason (I tend to do that from time to time).  At any rate here are the infamous looks so you can form your own opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment